Parents As Arts Partners
Applications are now open for the 2016 - '17 school year.
Click here to apply!
The Center for Arts Education’s Parents As Arts Partners program is a unique school-based arts education program that engages parents and families in hands-on, interactive arts education activities with their children. The program seeks to increase parent engagement and involvement in city public schools and in their child’s education, creating shared, high-quality arts experiences that align with classroom curriculum.
Each Parents As Arts Partners program is unique – designed in collaboration with school personnel, teaching artists, and parents.
- Includes 1 planning session with the teaching artist and 5 family arts workshops
- Directly involves students and their families in interactive arts education activities that build a collective understanding of the importance of the arts;
- Connects to the school’s arts and education programs;
- Provides experiences with and information about NYC arts and cultural organizations;
- Empowers parents and school communities to build sustainable school arts programs and be effective advocates for a well-rounded education that includes the arts.
Parents as Arts Partners is brought to you with lead funding from the Staten Island Foundation and other generous donors, and with public support from the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, the New York State Council on the Arts, and NYC Council Members Daniel Garodnick, Ben Kallos, Brad Lander, Stephen Levin, and Jimmy Van Bramer.